7/31/2011

FAMILY



Spent last week in Stockholm visiting all of my cousins, aunts, uncles and grandparents. And because of the lack of time and access to Internet I haven't been able to post anything as you may have noticed (yeah, I'm not one of those bloggers who find time for their blog no matter what, keeping it updated and letting nothing get in the way of doing it). Well, I allowed myself to take some time off, and I seriously believe one week without Internet did me some good! Anyhow, it was one week full of action, which included playing with children, shopping my ass off, eating tons of delicious food, running in museums and taking all too many photos (had to empty my 16 GB memory card twice during the trip).

I enjoyed most of the trip but there were a couple of moments I'd rather not have experienced.. It was great to finally after one year of waiting do my yearly Stockholm shopping tour and shop in some decent stores (because here in Turku we don't really have those). But what I enjoyed the most was seeing the faces of the people I love. And, seriously, nothing compares to cuddling with four toddlers and reading them a bedtime story. I'm so happy I have so many cousins who are younger than me. Before I thought it was just annoying but I realize now what a great thing it is to be someone's role model.

One of the people I looked forward to seeing the most was my aunt. She is one of the most loving persons I know. It's like she always knows the right things to say to make me feel better. We stayed a couple of nights at her place and during that time I also got to know her neighbor. Namely the lovely lady who lived downstairs. And what a sweet person! Her lovely accent instantly gave away where she was originally from - America. I always find it very fascinating to meet people from other countries and since I haven't met many Americans during my lifetime I was pretty excited. And on top of that she was a photographer (have I ever mentioned I want to become one when I grow up?!). She needed to get rid of a bunch of old stuff, clothes, furniture, etc, since she was heading back to Florida. So she asked whether we want to go through some of her and her daughter's, Saga's, old clothes. I was of course thrilled since I love second hand and all that stuff. And after searching through five bin bags of clothing I did indeed find a heap of clothes (and three pairs of shoes!).

But if I had to condense the trip into one sentence it would probably be: Spending some quality time with my family was priceless (or: So much shopping so little luggage room).. Haven't written one of these long ass posts for a while now...hope at least some of you actually take your time to read it, haha.

25 comments:

  1. wow! these photos are amazing! love them! looks like you had a great time with your family! I cant wait to see all the stuff you got from you aunts friend! Would love to get some second hand stuff handed down to me :)

    http://pinklemonsorbet.blogspot.com/

    Meena xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. that jackass t-shirt boy is hot ;D

    ReplyDelete
  3. i think the pictures speak for itself:) you're family is really pretty:) your aunt looks beautiful by the way! and that kid with the missing tooth oooh i just wanna hug him :)
    If you like, visit out blog too: We're hosting a new giveaway!Click HERE!:)

    XOXO
    Farah from FASHIONFABRICE

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such amazing photos! Looks like a time
    xx
    I LIKE IT FAST

    ReplyDelete
  5. SUCH beautiful photos! Just stunning shots! It looks like you had an amazing time!!!

    xo
    ZK
    www.glitter-and-ink.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. ahh very cute. myself i have 7 nephews/nieces. and they take so much energy but at the same time somehow they're returning it.

    and when you grow up haha? you're already a photographer. you know how to capture the atmosphere in the pictures. great post and its good you don't have the urge to always update your blog. first things first!

    X

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey,

    stumbled across your blog and...LOVE LOVE it.

    defiantly following.

    Follow me if you like...

    www.lemonworldmute.blogspot.com

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow, great photos! thank you for your lovely comment and for following me :) I just followed you too :). xx,K.

    ReplyDelete
  9. beautiful pictures! Really gorgeous :)
    Love Lois xxx

    http://lisforlois.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. seriuosly beautiful pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kiitti! :) Tosiaan Antti Asplundin suunnittelema kaulakoru, jos kiinnostaa metsästää tuolleinen itselle. Ihan mielettömiä kuvia! Sait uuden lukijan. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. great photos! love the shot of all the plants! thanks for the lovely comment :)))

    ReplyDelete
  13. aivan upea tunnelma kaikissa näissä sun kuvissa! haluaisin osata sanoa jotain hienompaa mutta en osaa. ajatus on kai kuitenkin tärkein. :) olet taitava!

    ReplyDelete
  14. gorgeous photos! First time on your blog; i love it!

    ps, you're super gorgeous! Love your fish braid!

    xo
    sincerely,
    jules
    http://www.sincerelyjules.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awesome pics! Thanks cute, following back!

    ReplyDelete
  16. wow, these photos are so amazing! you have an awesome blog, i am totally following back sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Amazing photographs, they are truly so stunning! You look ultra beautiful. :)

    Thanks for stopping by my blog! Your's is SO lovely.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. these photos are amazing!! looks like a fab time with your fam! and all that food look soo delish ;) xx

    http://www.iletaitunefois.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  19. I see you have feather tattoos too they are beautiful xoxo

    ReplyDelete