9/09/2011

AT PEACE



I'm sitting alone in an empty flat. My mind is completely at peace and every single muscle in my body is relaxed after a long walk in the rain. The color spectrum in the sky created by the sun and the water drops hovering in the air is like a piece of art. And the distinctive earthy smell of rain is one of my favorite smells. My clothes and my hair are soaked and I probably look horrific but that doesn't matter now. Nothing can ruin this moment.

I'm listening to some old records with my dad's old LP player. He brought it from the garage a week ago. I can't even begin to understand why this treasure has been kept hidden for all these years, without anyone listening to the luscious melodies it produces. A mantle of calmness is spread over me. I want this harmony to last forever. Still, I know that sooner or later I'll have to crawl out of my lair.


  

7 comments:

  1. wow! what a treasure you found! :) the photos you took really reflect what you wrote! and your writing was lovely to read, i completely get what you mean about nature walks having a wierd but nice impact on you! :D

    http://pinklemonsorbet.blogspot.com/

    Meena ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Record stores are art in themselves.
    These pics are great.

    xx Tribal Fox Vintage

    ReplyDelete
  3. waaaaat dire straits i love them haha. this is great your dad has those.

    and i am so glad you write in english...the piece calmed me down so much. i love rain (on the way home). i jump in the puddles and lift my head up to the sky to feel all the rain in my face. love nature (and the weird expression that it causes on other peoples faces ;))

    the shots you took are great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful images you've got on this blog! :)
    hope you can visit mine :)
    xoxo from mexico

    jen

    ReplyDelete