3/02/2012

CRAVING



Right now my craving for summer is so big that there's no way I'll be able to concentrate on reading for the exams for at least a couple of days. That however doesn't mean I won't be trying. Today i spent about an hour trying real hard to read but because of my lack of concentration I ended up reading the same sentences over and over again (and still didn't quite internalize them), and ultimately got two pages further. It's not that psychology isn't interesting, I actually find it very fascinating, it's just that when I'm excited about something and basically think about it 24/7 it's very hard for me to just shut it out of my mind and focus on something else. I've been hyped ever since I found out that Two Door Cinema Club is going to perform at Ruisrock (a Finnish music festival). And yesterday I received a very eager phone call from my boyfriend telling me that M83 and Justice are going to be at another festival here in Finland this summer. As if that wouldn't be enough I love pretty much everything that has to do with summer so I seriously can't wait for the snow and ice to melt and the temperatures to rocket through spring. My train of thought while studying is more or less like this "...alright, so, cognitive dissonance is a feeling of unpleasant arousal caused by - SUMMER, SUMMER, TWO DOOR CINEMA CLUB, SUMMER, M83, JUSTICE, SUMMER, SUN, SUN, SUN"!

I really do wish it was summer already. And it's somewhat depressive that there's almost three months left to go. Therefore I'm lucky to have other cheery (in a much smaller scale, though) things in my life. Like having a girls night out today! Or being the lucky winner of this really sweet giveaway hosted by Lija from The Fashion Skeleton. This is actually the fourth time I win a giveaway and I'm starting to think I should play the lottery. Anyhow, my point is that sometimes even I forget the little things while fantasizing about stuff that's out of my hands. So instead of whining about it I've decided to enjoy what I have. Maybe that'll improve my concentration as well...or not.



22 comments:

  1. that second photo is so beautiful! i can't wait for summer either, purely for the weather and no college! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice!
    http://thesimplestthingsinmylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is super cute! i love it! xx

    natalieoffduty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving the bag!

    Do check out the ClucbCouture giveaway on my blog Miss Tangerine, maybe you'll be the lucky one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sadly for me summer just ended! :(
    Wahhhh. I do love winter fashion though!

    x x Stace
    tee+fame

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love everything! I'm gonna follow you now, you got a nice blog:) love from Germany:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww, thanks sweetie ! i really appreciate it ! :)
      xx

      Delete
  7. I love that backpack, where did you get it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i found it at a flea market actually :D and it cost me only 4.50e !!! one of the best finds in a looooong time

      Delete
  8. OMG I WANT THAT BACKPACK xx

    natalieoffduty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice blog!
    Cool photos.
    I'm happy to discover it!
    http://celyn-audrey.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. love the second picture!!! so cute!!! <3 really pretty blog.

    delicatelyfierce.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. love the navajo bag X

    <3
    the cookies
    samecookiesdifferent.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. i'm dying for summer right now too! this cold weather is killing me!
    cool blog.
    ps. i saw that you posted kopparberg in the post below. i'm so jealous! i had it when i was in ireland but we don't have it here in the u.s. (except i'll see non-alcoholic ones sometimes... which is weird)

    http://www.the-launderette.com (my vintage shop :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. really ? :D that's weird! i do love kopparberg as well, probably one of my favorite drinks :)
      and thanks, glad you like it!

      Delete
  13. Love all the photos!
    Great blog. Now following. :)

    -V

    Follow me back at
    http://queenvictoriareigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for following !!! appreciate it :)

      Delete
  14. I´m loving your blog!!! Following :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much ella ! :) i really appreciate it !

      Delete
  15. Amazing pics dear!!! And you’ve got a gorgeous blog too!!!
    Check out my blog and if you feel like drinking a sip of ABSOstyle with me, we could followed each other by GFC + Bloglovin’ … ;) I’ll be waiting for you!!!

    KISSES!
    Estefanía J. ABSOstyle

    ReplyDelete