4/11/2012

I CHOOSE YOU !



The good old times. Every now and then it's nice to recall what life used to be like many years ago. When you were a kid and there wasn't a care in the world. When I think of my childhood the first thing that pops into my head is definitely Pokemon. Yes, believe it or not, I was a huge fan. I watched the series on TV, was a crazy card collector and above all played Pokemon with my GameBoy. I was the ultimate fan. And I remember like it was yesterday this one incident when I was seven years old. I was sitting in one of the school toilet stalls and playing Pokemon when a boy walks in to the (unisex) toilets. He hears the Pokemon theme song from one of the stalls and asks: "Are you playing Pokemon in there?". I get a little excited and give an eager "Yes". But when I get out of the stall and face the boy he goes: "Oh, you're a girl. I thought you were a boy. Weird, I didn't know girls liked Pokemon." The sensitive little girl I was back then naturally got upset and ran out of the toilets as fast as she could. For a while I thought about giving up Pokemon but I just couldn't. I was too big of a fan. And deep down inside I know I still am...

So after remembering this long lost love of mine I went to buy this very old Game Boy Color (Pikachu edition!) for 15 euros. After a long break (having donated my precious Game Boy Advance and Pokemon Fire Red to my cousin (who btw is super annoying) some years ago) I felt like it was time for me to make a comeback as a Pokemon Trainer and return to the wondrous world of Pokemon. However, I couldn't find any Pokemon cassettes since those are so rare to find these days. But my boyfriend happened to have one and was sweet enough to give it to me. So other than photographing this is what the unemployed me does nowadays. Pretends to be a Pokemon Trainer.

10 comments:

  1. Nostalgiaa! :) Munkin on välillä pakko pelata donkey kongia tai super marjoa gameboylla, ne on kyllä niin paljon parempia pelejä kun jotkut tän päivän Angry birdsit jne :D

    T. Game_MaNiAC_PuskaBloom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aivan totta turiset pilviseni ! ja ei berkele mun on niin pakko hommata jostain super mario !!!! :F

      Delete
    2. p.s. tykkään sun nimimerkin loppuosasta
      t. soffuli_ws_turner_93

      Delete
  2. This is so nice!! what do you say about following each other?;)

    FashionSpot.ro

    ReplyDelete
  3. What I would do for another one of these!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your blog and your photographs :)

    Greets
    Tanja
    http://justcantsleeptonight.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Omg, I think if someone made giveaway of this it would be the most successful giveaway in history :o So many memories <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. thank you very well !!
    i need this gameboy, god

    ReplyDelete