10/29/2013

THE NYMPH ECHO


PHOTOGRAPHER: SARA LEHTOMAA
MODEL: MIRKA KÖNNÖ / MODELPOINT
ASSISTANTS: OSKARI PIKKARAINEN, VILMA AALTONEN


Yes indeed, the idea was basically to pose Mirka as some sort of mystical creature living in the forest. A nymph. None of this would've been possible in the first place without my two wonderful assistants, Oskari and Vilma. After all I couldn't possibly have succeeded in taking good photos and throwing flour at the same time. Believe me I did try but that didn't end well. Anyhow, maybe I should explain in more detail how I achieved these photos. First off after doing a very basic makeup and wavy hair, I wrapped my model, Mirka, in tulle (obviously). Next thing, I, my two assistants and Mirka made our way to a forest nearby my place. It was rather dusky so I used a flash as my main light by placing it to the right side of my camera and bouncing the light off a reflector. Then, to create what looks like smoke, I had my assistants throw six sacks of flour on the model. That is a whole lot of flour. When we were done it looked like it had snowed at that one spot. Must've been rather confusing for someone taking a stroll in the forest to find what we left behind us. I did have some issues with the lighting occasionally since the flour in the air bounced off some light as well, making the photos very pale. But mostly I'm satisfied with how these came out. Lastly some behind the scenes shots like I promised (last photo: duct tape is my basic equipment at photoshoots NOTE TO SELF: buy a flash stand).



8 comments:

  1. amazing shooting

    Http://Fashioneiric.blogspot.com

    Coline ♡

    ReplyDelete
  2. Upeita kuvia ! Yhtiä mun suosikeista sun blogissa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hienoja kuvia! Nämä vois olla myös taiteellinen hääkuvaussessio morsiosta < luulen että mielleyhtymäni johtuu valkoisesta tyllistä :D Mutta siis upea taianomainen tunnelma.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha, totta turiset! kiitos paljon :--)

      Delete
  4. upeita kuvia!! :)

    http://washed-out-dream.blogspot.fi/

    ReplyDelete