3/31/2014

JADE


Model: Jade
Photographer: Sara Lehtomaa


Wohoo, finally done with these! I discovered Jade through a mutual friend on Facebook and instantly fell in love with the way she looked. She'd make a great model, I thought. And so I asked her to join me for a photo shoot. And this is what we ended up with. I'm extremely happy with these and it was a pleasure working with Jade. I like working with "ordinary" people with little or no experience of modeling. Partly because of the looks on their faces when they see themselves on a photo as if they couldn't believe it's them. Priceless. I've noticed that often times professional models who are used to the whole process react very differently opposed to people who spend very little time in front of a camera. Often they lack the excitement, it's just another photo to them. And as a photographer treating my photos as my babies I like the shared feeling of being proud about what you've together delivered and getting super excited about it. It's one of the best feelings I know. Of course everything has it's pros and cons. Professional models (presumably at least) know the drill and therefore make a photographers job somewhat easier. But in the end you shouldn't really make any generalizations because there are nearly always exceptions to the rule! And in this case it's a question of personality as well. I just wanted to point out how much I like working with people who don't do modeling for living :) Thank you Jade so much for modeling for me!

8 comments:

  1. onpa upean näkönen tyttö! oisin voinu veikata että tekis enemmänkin mallin hommia :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely lovely shots!!

    Mary

    LaylonBeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mary! I really appreciate that :)

      Delete
  3. Oho, upeita kuvia ja niin kaunis malli!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kiitos! Ja totta turiset, Jade on ihan mielettömän ihanakaunisupea <3

      Delete