6/21/2014

ALONE I DRIFT AWAY








"Alone I Drift Away" for Institute Magazine.

Photographer: Sara Lehtomaa
Model: Thelma Romu
Assistant: Noora Karlsson
Styling: Sara Lehtomaa


I've been waiting for the publishing of these photos for quite some time now. Really excited to finally be able to share them with you guys! We shot these on my last trip to Helsinki together with lovely fashion blogger Thelma. At the time, I remember being very doubtful as to whether I would get any good shots because we were running a little late and the sun was setting at a rapid pace. But turns out these were even good enough for Institute Magazine (which I've desperately been trying time after time to get published in)! So I guess you could say this is a dream come true to me. Achievement unlocked. This link will redirect you to the publication on Institute Magazine, where you'll be able to view the images in bigger size. Due to the fitting timing of this, I in a way consider it a birthday present to myself since it's actually my birthday today, hehe. 

Accomplishing something that I myself am pleased with and getting recognition from others is a very rewarding feeling. It's a massive resource that pushes me forward. At times though, there is a faint voice in my head questioning everything I do, wondering "What good do my photographs do to this world?", "Why am I doing this?". But then I remember that doing what you love and dedicating yourself wholeheartedly to it is a beautiful thing. In its plainness. It is choosing love over fear. And I believe that is what makes a good person. Of course I still have a long road to go before I can actually say I'm living off of it. And there most certainly are moments when fear takes over, paralyzing me. But it is my intention and I'm confident I will find a way.

13 comments:

  1. nice shoots. keep doing what you love :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Kiitos ihan hirveesti, kiva kuulla! :)

      Delete
  3. Great pictures!

    Xxx Cécile
    http://sapetoibien.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dear! Glad you like them.
      xx

      Delete
  4. vau iha hullun hienoja kuvia ja nii nätti malliki! :o

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joo Thelma on kyllä hullun upea typykkä! Ja kiitos!! :---)

      Delete
  5. Oh, these pictures are sooooo beautiful! You're such a talented photographer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you Zu, I really appreciate that :3

      Delete
  6. Nämäkin niin hirmu kauniit. Olisipa ihana olla kuvattavanasi tai osata noin hyvin itse kuvata!

    ReplyDelete