10/01/2014

DETAILS


Paracord Bracelet - Naimakka*,  Shoes - Dr. Martens


Hey folks! It's been a while and I do apologize. I've been completely absorbed by first of all school, which in its entirety has been a very pleasant experience so far. Secondly, my mind has lately often been occupied with thoughts of the apartment we are moving into in about a month. There's an infinite list of things to buy and it's kind of scary considering my financial situation. But luckily I'm not left alone with this stuff. Aaand smoothly changing the subject to the photos above. Details of an outfit I wore a couple of weeks ago. I especially wanted to show you guys this sweet paracord bracelet I was gifted by this Swedish company called Naimakka. I really love the simplicity of their design and the fact that it's actually a very handy thing to have. This is how the bracelet is described by the creators of Naimakka (on their home page which I also encourage you to check out here):
Dropped behind enemy lines, paratroopers found Paracord to be a life-saving, multi-purpose tool. When unbraided, you can use your bracelet to build shelter, secure gear to your backpack or hang up food out of reach from animals. You can also use it to make a clothes or fishing line, snares, traps, snow shoes, a bowdrill for making fire, or a splint for a broken ankle. If you unravel the yarns, you can even use it as sewing thread, dental floss or to make a fishing net. In fact, Paracord is so reliable and durable that astronauts have used it to make repairs to the Hubble Space Telescope.


2 comments:

  1. Wow, so powerful pictures!
    I really really toally love this look! *____*
    It's black, it's pure blue, it's hot!
    Really outstanding! :) I'm fascinated!

    All the best wishes
    Matthias

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Matthias, that's so sweet of you! I'm glad you like the outfit :)

      Delete