12/28/2014

GIFT SHOPPING IS NOT MY THING


Sweatshirt - OASAP*, Skirt - Zara, Knee Socks - Fiorella*, Headphones - Exibel Audio Series



Some of my favorite things compiled in one outfit. The sweater really struck a chord with me thanks to the splendid text. What can I say, I love chocolate. And black and white are both colors that always seem to work for me, something I feel extremely comfortable in. I received the headphones as a Christmas / anniversary gift from my boyfriend. Successful presents like this always make me feel like shit. The presents I give are hardly ever that good for some reason. After so many failures I've learned to mentally brace myself (see image below depicting this). Yet another thing I'll have to work on, I guess. I did however manage to get both my mother and brother decent gifts, which they seemed to like a lot (unless they were lying to my face). And my brother. He gave me a selfie stick. A selfie stick. Selfie. Stick. I realize it was a joke, but for a moment I was a tiny bit offended.

       In other news I'm pretty hyped about all of the stuff that's lying ahead. Yesterday we were shopping some furniture at IKEA and on Tuesday we'll start bringing all of our stuff to the apartment. Have I ever mentioned how much I love interior decorating? Flea markets here I come. And obviously I can't wait to get to live with the person whom I love so much. I couldn't be more excited. Other things that lie ahead include photo shoots (yes, several of them) and a couple of trips with (and to) great friends in January. At the same time, though, I'm really exhausted. My minor, no, make that non-existent, exercising has led me to the point where I feel like I'm destroying myself. The problem is that unless I make it into a routine I won't get myself to do it as often as would be best for me. Once a month or so simply doesn't cut it. Another problem is motivation, the only source of being the goal of not feeling like shit all the time. Which is, I guess, something fairly important to strive for if one wants a happy fulfilling life, but for some reason that's not enough to keep me going. I wish I acted rationally in this case. But we're not too rational beings when it comes down to it, are we?




10 comments:

  1. I love your photography style!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Super glad to hear that! :)

      Delete
  2. Haha, samaistun viimeiseen kuvaan vähän turhan hyvin... Mut luulen et lahjojen antamisen vaikeuteen vaikuttaa suuresti myös se, et yleensä ihmiset ei oikein osaa vastata kun kysyy mitä ne haluais. Tai jos tietää ja niillä on yhtään rahaa, niin yleensä ne ostaa itelleen just sen mitä haluaa. Näköjään pitäis vaan tuntee toinen jollain telepaattisella tasolla et osais ostaa jotain sellaista, mitä toinen ei edes tienny haluavansa... Ei ihme, et lahjojen ostaminen on niin vaikeeta ;D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totta! Täytyy vissiin vaan olla todella luovalla mielellä liikkeellä :D Tai jotain...

      Delete
  3. gorgeous quality to these photos! love the light

    http://heyprettything.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. love this comfortable-looking outfit! happy new year and thanks for visiting my blog :)
    www.letteresimpromptu.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, likewise! And yes, this one was indeed a very comfy outfit :)

      Delete