1/24/2015

SETTLE DOWN


Photos from a few weeks back when I was spending my weekend in Helsinki.


I'm currently writing from the depths of my bed, from the midst of sheets and tissues. I've been sick at home for a couple of days now and already feel like a prisoner. It would all be ok, I guess, if I was able to focus my concentration on school work, but feeling like crap is making that close to impossible. My mind won't operate properly and it's getting me frustrated. Especially since I have a mountain of tasks to complete relating to school, school and (you guessed it) school. A frightening amount of essays to write and more texts to read than I have time for. I just want to dig myself a tiny hole in the ground and lay there in peace and quiet until the storm is over. But, of course, the storm won't be going anywhere. I'm not prepared to completely let go of all of that. But what I will (or at least should) do, is learn not to care so much. And more importantly to prioritize. Because, as much as I hate to admit it, I've noticed lately that I'm not as happy as I used to be. The stress is clearly wearing me down, which in turn makes me unmotivated. It's not that I don't like school, it's just that it's gotten to the point where it's too much for me. Being a perfectionist, I have to face the fact that I can't be good at everything, and certainly don't have to be. I need to just take a step back and settle down.

        In this period I have this course about Shakespeare, and before class starts we usually jokingly pose the question "To go or not to go?". Our teacher is great and all but I'm slowly but surely starting to regret picking that course. I quite honestly have no idea what I have to say about Shakespeare in the 10-page essay I'm due to write at the end of the course. I would say 'short' and 'concise' are both words that describe my writing, so...lord give me strength. Hope you guys are doing better than I am! And one last thing. I'm really excited to hear new tunes from Purity Ring again! I warmly recommend all of you to check out "Begin Again" (below)!


  

10 comments:

  1. these photos are absolutely stunning! especially the default!
    www.samanthamariko.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Samantha, glad you like them! :)

      Delete
  2. Taas kerran niin upeita kuvia ja niin kaunis tyttö!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Voi kiitos! Ja sanos muuta, Ida on ihan järjettömän kaunis (sekä ulkoa että sisältä)!

      Delete
  3. kauniita kuvia ja erityisen kaunis tuo tyttö!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Samaa mieltä :3 Ja kiitos kovasti, kiva että tykkäät!

      Delete
  4. your photos are amazing dear <3
    btw, get well soon ;)

    http://margarethaliong.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thanks! I'm already feeling a lot better :) xx

      Delete
  5. Ihan mielettömän kauniita kuvia! Mulle tuli ikävä yhtä lempikahviloistani, taikalamppua.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kiva kuulla että tykkäilet! Taikalamppu on ihana paikka :)

      Delete