6/12/2015

BACK



As you know if you follow me on Instagram I'm back in Turku now. With a cold, unfortunately. The weather in Edinburgh is one of the things that I won't be missing at all. Experiencing four seasons in one day is pretty intense, and the scary part is it's quite usual there. It's a good place to be if you enjoy layering, though. Personally I hate it. Which is probably why I got sick (I've been for over a week now so I should probably visit a doctor soon, haha). However, regardless of my dissatisfaction with the climate I really really liked the city! With its beautiful old buildings and stunning hills how could I not? And the people. What a nice bunch. Most of them anyway. The shopping was fairly good as well. And during three weeks we had plenty of time to do it...let's just say my financial situation is not the same. But I'm working all summer anyway so #yolo.

       Another thing we ended up doing a whole lot was poking along in pubs. Frankly almost everyday (which may or may not be slightly alarming). We found this awesome place called McSorley's, which we visited several times during our stay thanks to their cheap and delicious drinks, and lovely atmosphere. Highly recommend. We also climbed up to Arthur's Seat (which was freaking amazing) and I will be sharing photos from there in a separate post very soon. The nature in general was quite different from Finland. Not as many trees, lots of hills, and a bunch of sheep. Very stunning indeed. And of course we had to visit the main tourist attractions and taste haggis! I feel like the whole trip is just like this big blur of goodness and excitement, and I find it hard to describe. I'm actually still, after almost one week, kind of shaken up from returning. I don't really feel like I've settled down properly yet, especially since I started working almost immediately after my return. And it's really unfortunate because I'd love to share all of it with you to the best of my ability, but it seems I can't squeeze anything else out of this brain of mine atm and you'll have to do with photos for now. Maybe (hopefully) I'll have more to say in my next posts.

2 comments:

  1. Ahhh, I went to Scotland in January, what a good idea it was... not. Edinburgh is still one of the most beautiful cities I've ever visited though. And yeah gotta love the Scots! I tried haggis with apple sauce and I loved it. It's great to finally come across your blog by the way. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad that you did! x

      And concerning Scotland, I could not agree more. Definitely gonna head back there some day.

      Delete