12/19/2015

HIDING



These photos were taken a couple of years ago in Antalya. Last night I was browsing old files and stumbled across them and thought "why have these never seen the light of day?". Well, I decided to correct the situation and share them with you. The blueness is just mesmerizing. Finland is, most of the time, so gray that merely looking at these photos is refreshing. Especially in this season of the year. I'm glad that it hasn't been that cold this winter here in Turku, but the complete lack of snow is actually kind of depressing, I now realize. Anyhows, I hope these photos brighten your day (or night). I've been taking a couple of days off from school work, but now I need to come out from hiding and exit the world of memories, as exciting and comforting as it is, and get back to frantic essay writing. Wish me luck. I will need it, because my mind is growing weaker with every day that passes. I'm slowly getting into my holiday mood and it certainly aint helping in terms of productivity. If you don't have anything better to do, by all means, leave me a comment below and tell me about your current mood! Peace out!

12 comments:

  1. Oh, I wish my country got more snow. Here it only really snows on the mountains. On the plains we usually get a couple of snowy days each year, and sometimes not at all. And I really loathe those extremely hot Mediterranean summers, but I'm not sure if I'd trade them for the endless dark and grey Nordic winters. Guess you can't have the cake and eat it too. :P
    Good luck with your writing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Snow is nice but I'd rather not have it for over a month :D Especially when it tends to melt and then freeze again forming ice, that really sucks since it makes walking fucking impossible, haha.

      I'd love to try to live in a much warmer climate for a period of time. I think I'd like it! But yeah, it's true, everything has its pros and cons.

      And thanks for the encouragement! I only have one essay to go now, yay.

      Delete
  2. This is beautiful! Could never get enough beach photos! :) It's summer almost year-round in the Philippines, but lately, we've been getting some rains which is great as we could use a bit more cooling. I'm quite ready for the Christmas break now, with just the office party in the way. I'm in a sleep-all-day mood!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely agree, can't get enough of those! Sounds really nice, hope you had a wonderful Christmas (and holiday all in all) :) I've always wanted to visit the Philippines but haven't had the chance yet. Maybe I'll ask you for some advice if/when I've booked my flight tickets ;)

      Delete
  3. So many nice shades of blue :) Almost like a post-apocalyptical paradise.
    Current mood: brainmelt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right, it's just amazing. Thanks for the comment, I hope your mood improves! :D

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Kiitos Susanna! Kiva että tykkäilet :) Ja noi värit on kyllä jotain aivan mieletöntä! Olispa täällä Suomessakin hieman kirjavampaa :D

      Delete