12/04/2015

RADEK


Model: Radek Morávek
Photographer: Sara Lehtomaa
Assistant: Ellen Seppälä

I thought I should break free from my habits and ask someone of the opposite sex to model for me, and as it turned out this guy was the perfect choice. I met Radek at a sitz (for those of you who don't know a "sitz", as we call it, is a dinner with lots of drinking, singing and games, held at a student union's property - it's a Finnish and Swedish tradition at universities) as he was sitting opposite to me. We had a chat and I found out, among other things, that he was from the Czech Republic. I can't say I know a lot about his home country (even its location within Europe was a mystery to me, I ashamedly have to admit), but I did google it later on. Anyhow, based on his Facebook profile picture (in which he is shirtless) I thought he wouldn't mind standing in front of the camera, and that he might even comply if I asked. So I asked. And he was in. My friend Ellen also tagged along with us to Kakola (our shooting location), to help me out and, of course, bless us with her wonderful company (I'm by no means being sarcastic, she's awesome). Radek was really a champ for doing so well in the Finnish autumn (which is pretty damn cold). Even I was freezing in my winter jacket. So big thanks for that hardiness, as well as for acting very naturally in front of the camera. I'm seriously impressed that I didn't really have to direct him that much, and I'm very happy with the outcome.

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Oi kiitos! Mallin kuvauksellisuus huomattavasti helpotti mun tehtävää :D

      Delete
  2. Impressive pictures! He is a great model!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, appreciate it! And I know right? It's hard to believe that it's his first time modeling.

      Delete
  3. Ihan mainioita! Hienot asetelmat ja malli kyl on kuvauksellinen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Suurkiitokset! Ihana kuulla että tykkäilet kans :)

      Delete