1/11/2016

TIME TRAVELING


Photos: Eino Ailoranta (2nd photo) & me.


Time traveling is one of my favorite things to do. Ever since I was a little child I've had the habit of flicking through old photo albums exploring the past. I can't put my finger on what exactly it is that is so charming about it. Sometimes it's just a reminder to keep on creating new memories that you will be happy to keep - living life in a way that wont leave you with the sour taste of regret in your mouth. It also reminds you of the past you, who, perhaps, was very different from the present day you. In other words, it reminds you of your personal progress and might encourage you to go even further on that path.

        These photos are not even that old, only a couple of years or so, but still, even in that small of a period of time I know that I've changed a lot. Mostly in a good way. I can remember the uncertainty that largely controlled my life, my actions. I wasn't exactly sure what I wanted from life, who I wanted to spend it with, or even what I wanted to be like myself. Photography was one of the only things that I was a hundred percent sure about (ironically that has changed now that I've experienced the not so pleasant reality of the fashion world, but that's ok, because, after all, there are a million ways to pursue a career in photography). I had also just met the love of my life (however cheesy that may sound), which brought with it a tsunami of new emotions and thoughts that were completely new to me. That also caused some uncertainty, simply because I didn't know how to assess it all. I only knew that being with him felt right. And so I stuck to that feeling. Today he is part of my family and I couldn't imagine life without him.

        Eino (in the photos above) is a friend of mine, who has been living in Helsinki for a couple of years now. We haven't really kept in touch after he moved, which is kind of sad, although I know we've both been occupied with studies and life in general. When he lived here in Turku we got to know each other through a mutual friend and started hanging out more thanks to our common interest in photography. It was nice having a buddy with whom you could do one of your favorite things. And in general I think that photography is always better when shared with someone - be it a model or a fellow photographer. Luckily there are plenty of people who are into that stuff nowadays, with photography becoming such a big thing and all. Any photographers out there (by any chance located in Turku)? I'd love to hear about your experiences of photography or any thoughts relating to the subject, so do leave a comment!

4 comments:

  1. Having a friend, who is a photographer is a great thing. Also the possibility to talk about some photography-related problems (like feeling uninspired) with a person, who may struggle with them too is just great. Anyway, I love these photos too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Completely agree with you! Thanks for sharing your thoughts :) Also, thanks for the compliment, I'm glad you like the photos!

      Delete